“There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.”`
– Oscar Wilde
Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing the reputation of your business, organisation or event, and creating positive links with the public, customers, journalists and staff.
Every business, however, small or large, needs to uphold and protect its reputation, and although PR is quite often associated with larger companies, smaller businesses can benefit hugely from proactive PR.
Typical PR activity will include:
- Writing content for advertising, blogs and press releases
- Organising and managing events for the press and public
- Daily media scan for client coverage
- Recording media coverage, including online
- Dealing with press enquiries
- Emergency statement in the event of crisis
- Organising in-house events
- Checking publications and content for consistency
A background in journalism
Canary Dwarf have journalists on staff with experience in dealing with day-to-day reporting, editing and dealing with events and difficult incidents.
Marc Hindley and Claire Doughty have worked with most of of the local newspapers between Argyll, Highlands and Aberdeenshire, and have also worked with national newspapers and magazines.
Claire is the winner of several journalism awards and Marc is a member of the Public Relations Consultants Association.
We have a high success rate for getting our customer into the media, and because of our ‘all-inclusive’ approach to marketing, we make sure that when you hit the headlines, the buzz it generates is not wasted.
“We were inundated with orders after Canary Dwarf got us a radio interview”
– Mary Jean, organic cosmetics manufacturer
Get in touch with us today if you’d like to see how we can help.