Get started with the world’s most popular CMS
Thursday 16 May 2013, 6-9pm, Forres, Moray (2 hours instruction plus 1hr hands-on)
WordPress is the world’s most popular website creation software, with over 145,000,000 downloads to date.
We believe that once you’ve seen this powerful CMS (content management system) and all it can do, you’ll be hooked.
It is a robust, flexible content management system that allows you to focus on business activities like marketing and selling, instead of technical settings, metatags and databases.
We’ve been running two-hour one-to-one WordPress training sessions for over two years, although we’ve been using it as a development platform for far longer.
This group course is a more affordable way to learn all the basics and essentials, whether you have a WordPress site and don’t know where to start, or you have heard how great it is and want to get started.
At Canary Dwarf, we use WordPress for most of our client sites and have provided a design, installation and support service for over four years
On this course, you will learn how to:
- Install and configure WordPress securely
- Publish content effectively for humans and search engines
- Customise your site to look the way you want
- Use the features you need and ignore those you don’t
- Add functionality through a catalogue of 19,000 plugins
- Integrate with other software like MailChimp, Dropbox, Facebook, etc
You’ll come away with enough knowledge to start building a good-looking, efficient website that works for your business. You’ll also learn:
- What makes a successful website
- How to avoid mistakes that make your site a target for hackers
- How to manage your content effectively.
- How to pick good quality themes and plugins
And all this, without any code. WordPress uses an easy-to-learn interface, so you can focus on your business objectives. What’s more, you’ll get free documentation, access to our free and premium support resources. You’ll never feel you’re stuck.
All attendees will be offered discounted WordPress hosting and a list of recommended themes and plugins following this course.
This course is for beginners who have never used WordPress or have installed it and want to learn more before moving on to creating a website. It’s not for designers or developers moving to WordPress.
Cart | Checkout