Could you be making better use of the Internet to build your business? Is there things you wish you knew but didn’t know who to ask? The web is an amazing tool that you can use to find new customers, retain customers, and improve profitability in your organisation.
Canary Dwarf and local cloud computing experts Cumulus IT are holding a fast-track workshop to help you learn how to make the most out of your website, and how a new wave of productivity tools on the web are making business easier.
Inverness: Thursday, 16 September, 1-4pm
Ness Horizons, Beechwood Park, Inverness Map
Cost: £15 inc VAT per session
Group size: 10-12
This workshop is aimed at people responsible for either marketing or IT within their organisation. Whether you are a sole trader or work for a larger business or non-profit organisation, you will find that you can benefit from many of the same techniques and technologies.
At the end of this workshop you will have a basic understanding of the different types of web sites and tools available for your business. You will be able to identify techniques and technologies that can help your business and you will have many valuable and practical pointers for getting started with them.
The web for marketing & promotion
- What do you want to achieve with your web presence?
- Different types of websites
- Characteristics of a great website (examples of do’s and don’ts)
- The importance of usability, copywriting and search optimisation
- Managing your website’s content
- Using your website for selling
- How to get your website noticed
- How to use a blog
- How to use social media
- How to use email for marketing
- What to look out for when choosing an agency to help you establish a web presence
The web for running your business
- What tools are available on the web?
- How the web can help to manage your customers, relationships and sales
- How to use the web to improve communication and collaboration with customers
- How to use the web to manage your finances and get paid for your services
- What are the benefits of using these tools on the web?
- Is it safe to use the web for my business?
We will have some demo’s/examples and interactive sessions throughout the workshop.
We will hold mini consultationss after the official program were you will be able to bring forward any specific issues that you have and get personalised advice.
About the hosts
Marc is an award-winning web content consultant. He has worked for 20 years in media, communications and the Internet. He runs a web services agency, Canary Dwarf, in Forres which provides complete design, development and marketing solutions for small and medium-sized businesses with a focus on ROI.
Ben has nearly 15 years of experience in the information technology sector. He founded Infoland in 1996, a successful Dutch company specialising in web based software solutions for health care and education. Ben runs Cumulus IT in Forres, delivering complete business IT solutions via the web instead of in-house servers, the motto being: “Keeping IT simple”.